Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The Circle of Safety

During my volunteer days, we volunteers had a required task every time we went to drive one of the non-profit's vehicle. We were to circle the vehicle, checking for children, animals, nearby obstacles if we needed to back up, and, of course, damages such as leaks or flat tires.

I was never very good about remembering this task. I got a lot better after I backed a car out and realized it had a flat.

I need to remember to start doing it again and I highly recommend that you start doing it too.

Yesterday morning was exceptionally dewy here. I got into the Blazer and used not only the front but the rear wiper too.

(Sidenote: Remember how I went to Pep Boys a week and a half ago? One repair I ordered myself. A new rear wiper blade as the old one was looking rather shabby.)

Back to my dewy Blazer. I noticed something odd as I looked into the rear view mirror. The wiper wasn't removing the dew. I got out to investigate. On the end of the wiper armature, there was nothing. No nice shiny new wiper blade. Excuse my language, but I was pissed.

Today, receipt in hand, I went back.

Turns out that, oops, they forgot to install it. So I now have a new rear wiper and a coupon for my next visit.

No comments: