Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Uncle

I give up. I'm never going to get through 1001 Arabian Nights. It just isn't going to happen. So last night, I downloaded My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse from Project Gutenberg. Lighter and shorter, plus I love the Bertie and Jeeves stories. And to think, I am bought one of his books on Saturday. Then I got to thinking and realized they were probably old enough to be in the public domain and therefore available on the Project Gutenberg website. So not only did I save $8, but I won't have to lug the book when I move this fall.

Though I did buy some books. The entire Lord of the Rings trilogy for only $8.60. I have wanted to read these books for ages, but as a former bookstore employee, I was too cheap to pay what they were asking. I knew there were eventually be remainder books left of all the editions published when the movies were released. My patience paid off.

No comments: