Saturday, September 11, 2004

My Boys in Blue

I am so, so happy. My Fighting Irish beat Michigan today. This is important to me for 3 reasons.

  1. I'm a Notre Dame alum who is very loyal to her alma mater. It doesn't bother me too much when we lose because I like the team regardless of the record. I do like to see them perform to their potential however.
  2. I really like Coach Willingham as opposed to former coach Bob Davie who always stuck me as being akin to a used cars salesman. I think Willingham has integrity and enhances that aspect of the ND football program. As such, I'd like to keep him around for as long as possible.
  3. I really, really hate Michigan. This stems to my freshman year, 10 years ago (has it really been that long?) A bright eyed freshman, I went to the first home game, against Michigan. (Notre Dame games are amazing. Go if you get the chance.) ND was ranked #1 in the nation. The game was exciting. All was well. Then Michigan took the lead at the last moment and won. I have hated them ever since.

So congrats to the team, coaches, and students at Notre Dame. May the beer flow freely at the parties tonight.

No comments: