Sunday, October 03, 2004

Countdowns

I'm happy to report that Misc Karen has reached a milestone, its first 1000 hits. After my first few months of blogging, I thought it would take a few years to get a thousand hits. It's even more amazing considering how inconsistent I have been about blogging (more on that in a moment.) To all of my regular readers, I say "Thanks!" Especially to those of you who linked Misc Karen.

As for the blog, I've started drafting a few longer essays and have been thinking about tons of material to write about in general. Like the day last week that started with me getting pulled over for the first time (which fortunately ended with the officer realizing that he had pulled over the wrong vehicle) and ended with me being locked out of the apartment and missing the first debate as a result.

If i'm not actually writing much, it's because I'm thinking of another countdown, moving. The b/f's current project at work should be over at month's end which means we should be moving shortly thereafter. We are not exactly sure when and have no clue where we be going next. As a result, I need to give notice on my job with my last day being October 29th. Not know where (or when I will know where) we will be living next, I can't exactly start hunting for the next job. It took me 5 months to get my current job. I cannot afford another 5 months of unemployment and I really need a job with health benefits. And there are a litany of worries that I have about job hunting that I won't go into now because I wan't to be able to sleep tonight.

The other kicker is that I won't be able to vote as I don't know where I'll be living and will most likely be in the middle of moving cross country on election day. So those of you who can vote need to vote for those of us who can't.

So the end of October/beginning of November, I won't be blogging while I'm without internet access. On the bright side, all the free time and stress of unemployment should lead to some great blog entries.

And on a completely different tangent, my parting words for this entry are for my beloved Fighting Irish. If you fire Willingham you will never get a penny of donations from this alum.

No comments: