Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Day in Review

I was very excited to get to go in an hour later for work, namely because it meant I could sleep in an hour later this morning. However, I felt really odd being at home watching The Today Show while everyone else was working. It reminded me of when I was unemployed. I didn't like it. Have I mentioned lately that I will soon be unemployed again. Next week is my last week at work. :( I bought myself some Starbucks to cheer myself up.

At the catered lunch at work, I accidentally dipped the sleeve of my favorite red sweater, the one with bell sleeves, into the sauce/gravy/drippings when getting a piece of meat. Sadly the meat didn't taste as good as what was on my sleeve. I was constantly reminded all afternoon of the lunch that might have been.

I capped the day by shoe shopping with women for work in preparation for a big shindig next week. Despite my impending unemployment, I bought myself black boots. Good, conquer the world boots that actually look much more grown-up that the shoes I usually wear. They were only $10 more than I wanted to spend, but 2 months from now, if I'm still unemployed, I'm going to wish I had that $50. I'm consoling myself with the thought that I can wear them for job interviews once we move.

1 comment:

obz said...

Hopefully you'll find something quickly. Regrettably I've have periods of unemployment, they are certainly a struggle on many levels. :/