Tuesday, May 18, 2004

A Mediocre Californian

I use the term "Californian" loosely in reference to myself.

I do have some color now, as in sunburn from our trip to the San Diego Zoo on Saturday. My nose is starting to peel, but the burn on my arms is turning to tan which means I'm no longer so pale as to be confused for being British.

I've been eating more produce and funky uses of it. Pesto pizza with artichokes is not the meat and potatoes fare on which I was raised. I've been enjoying the strawberries since we got here, but only tried the cherries today. I'm hooked. When we move in the fall, I will miss fresh fruit.

One thing I won't miss is the Lakers. I never thought I'd say it, as I was raised a Lakers fan, but now they seem so whiney. Granted, I'm probably biased on MSNBC Sports Whiners of the Week for that one. They just seem so glory and attention hungry. Then again, so are a lot of professional athletes, which probably explains why I don't watch a lot of professional sports. I'm just keeping my views to myself lest I be pelted with avocados and artichokes.

No comments: