Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Marking Time

There is something very satisfying to me with the beginning of each month, another month added to the list on my archives. Archives seem to be a moot point early on in a blog. Now I feel like there is a sense of history to my blog. I can now go back and review entries that were written long enough ago for me to recall their existence. I enjoy that.

My countdown for Valentine's Day has begun now too. I am desperately thinking of something fun and cheap for gift/date to mark the occasion. With both of us unemployed, we can't afford to do much these days, but occasionally as we are falling asleep, we talk about places we would like to travel to when we have the means. I am toying with making something of a future scrapbook of the places we will go someday. Something about it seems inheritantly too girly and romantic for my guy.

I know that there are those of you out there who have experience with the poverty Valentine's Day. Share with me your wisdom. I need ideas. Pleeeease?

No comments: