Friday, August 06, 2004

Sad, Idiot Girl

Hopefully you've mosied on over to idiotgirls.com. It's listed over to the right. Laurie Notaro is one the few, and I include writers, actors, and comedians in that, who can make me laugh out loud. A co-worker and I were joking about red mice yesterday.

At the tale end of June, I e-mailed the gang over at idiotgirls.com to get the free membership packet for the idiot girls club. Imagine my delight when Laurie herself replied by thanking me for her interest, but explaining that she wouldn't be able to send it to me until she got back from her book tour that was starting soon. I replied that I completely understood, that I would wait patiently, and that I hoped the tour was a success.

Now I've checked in at idiotgirls.com every so often since. The book tour is over. It has been for a while. I still haven't seen nor heard anything from them since. And I've been itching to e-mail her about that packet. I bite my fingers though because both times I wrote to her, I felt the pressure to be extra funny to impress the comedy writer with my wit and humor without sounding like a brownnoser. Of course, there are those who read Misc Karen who would love to see me try to be "extra" funny and write with wit and humor. But since my mom, in her unbiased opinion, loves my writing as it is, it must be good.

No comments: