Tuesday, August 10, 2004

An Interesting Trend

I am happy to report that there are more of you out there posting links to Misc Karen on your sites. Woo Hoo! Much thanks.

I've been checking out the sites of my referrers and I've noticed an interesting trend. Let's see if you spot it.

The Rant King, aka Kevin, will always be special to me as he was the first person to provide a link to this blog. It amazed me to think that someone other than my mom or my friend Jen (who has me linked on Nocturnal, see link to right) was reading my blog on a regular basis. If asked what I thought Kevin saw in Misc Karen, I'd guess the rabid sports fan noticed an entry I had on the NBA playoffs. I am also indebted to Kevin for introducing me to the hysterical site, Disturbing Search Requests.

Folkbum, aka Jay, is a Wisconsin blogger who amazes me. I wish I was as up on politics as he is. Not only do I share his love of politics, I'm also into education, as I have a degree in education too. I think he should be on the next TeamFranken.

Obz at Unsung linked me Friday, right before his review of Misc Karen came out Saturday morning. This Canadian has done more than anyone, with the possible exception of my parents, to increase my readership. How do I intend to thank him? I plan to "borrow" his idea, which he in turn borrowed from someone else, for a list of "100 Things About Me" for a future entry.

The newest blogger to link Misc Karen is Tara at Firty Kitty. Some words of caution to my mom, "Mom, Tara is a perfectly lovely woman, but I think you might be a bit uncomfortable reading her blog." Same goes for my mom's friends. Tara's blog is still on the new side (like mine isn't) but I can tell already that I like her sense of humor. The only flaw I can see so far is that she apparently lives in Michigan, a state that as a Notre Dame grad I am required to dislike.

Now did you spot the trend among all these bloggers? They are all northerners. This leads me to wonder if they somehow sensed my northern roots. Born in the northern Plains, my family migrated to a warmer climate when I was 2. Watching the movie Fargo is like listening to my extended family. The more excited I am when I talk, the more I sound like I grew up in Wisconsin. Get me in the right parts of Kentucky and you'll swear I sound like a native. I will have to reflect on what some of my more "northern" qualities might be, aside from knowing how to drive on snow which you can't really tell from a blog. Well, you kinda know now.

1 comment:

obz said...

A good blog will speak for itself. I believe it already has. Borrow all you want. I enjoyed writing my 100 things.