Friday, August 27, 2004

My Favorite Thing About California

My b/f and I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, ever. We've probably been there a half dozen times since we moved here. It's one of those great, small family run businesses. I always order the same entree, chile relleno and enchilada suiza. My mouth just waters thinking of it. I want to convince the owners to open locations in the Midwest because we need these kinds of authentic Mexican restaurants there.

Truth be told, there is one thing that makes this place my first choice for eating out. Guacamole. Fresh, made at your table in front of you, guacamole. Cutting open and scooping out a few avocados. Mashing them up with a knife and spoon. Adding tomato, onion, jalapenos, and I think cilantro (hmmm, cilantro, reminds me of their yummy salsa). No lime juice needed as the guacamole won't last long enough to go brown. We've finally learned that we can go and just order it for dinner and be full.

How good is this stuff? The past few days at work have been pretty crappy for me personally and I feel like today was a good day because we went to this place for this specialty.

No comments: