Friday, December 31, 2004

Some Unfinished Business

Well, I got my first resume out since the move. Looks like I might do well on that resolution. It's not my dream job, but it's not retail. More importantly, I'm making an effort.

Happy Belated 35th Wedding Anniversary Mom & Dad. (I felt like such a heal when I forgot it.) Hmmm. Two birthdays next week. Should I take care of it now or trust myself to remember. I'll take a chance.

Thank you to everyone who has supported the blog since its creation in March. For those who have linked to me from the beginning, Kevin,The Rant King has come so far in the last year. I wish I had signed up through you for BlogExplosion. Jay, you constantly motivate me to learn more about policy issues. I can't wait to see the new look over at Folkbum's. Thanks to Obz, not only did he give me a great Weblog Review, he also linked to me on his site, unsung.net, and oh, he's a really nice guy. Last but not least, is Jen, my partner in crime at Nocturnal Elucidations. She's an amazing designer and an even better friend.

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't send a shout out to the Misc Karen fan club. They haven't always been the most devoted in their attentions, but they do have busy jobs.

And listen kids, regardless of how you ring in the new year, keep it safe.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Happy New Year, Karen. Good luck with the job search.

rachaelmh18 said...

Hi Karen-

Wanted to say thanks for your response on my retail piece. You probably didn't catch my response to your response but it was something like 'nothing new under the sun, eh?' People are reluctant to talk about such things. No one wants to admit being taken advantage of, lol, who would?

Anyway, great blog. I'll be reading regularly because you seem to have found a terrific niche. I also love the terror alert bit and I am stealing it! ;)

Happy '05