Thursday, December 30, 2004

Resolutions Before Booze

Oh, tomorrow there will be booze. I look forward to it. I also figure that I might as well get the resolutions done today. I know tomorrow that I will see a ton of them on various blogs.

  1. Get a job, ideally one that utilizes my degrees and pays me what I'm worth.
  2. Lose 30-40 pounds. Then I'd weigh what I did a year ago and approximately 10 lbs. above my ideal weight.
  3. Develop a writing portfolio and maybe send it to a few people.
  4. Move Misc Karen to its own website, after learning enough html to actual develop something that looks decent.
  5. Donate more and volunteer more.
  6. Have a really nice ring on my left hand by my 30th birthday. It doesn't have to be an engagement ring. If it doesn't come from my boyfriend, I'm buying one for myself. I've already started shopping for it.

2 comments:

Cassiopeia said...

Wait a second....where did you get this list from??

Except for number 4, which is only 1/2 right (I'm been too lazy to re-design), and number 5 because I really would if I could (Donate that is. Volunteering is a good thing that I should be doing more of.).

And I like the idea of, "I'll get my own ring". I'm on that same boat with you.

Best of luck to you, and Happy New Year!

http://blog.cassiopeia.ca

Karen said...

Thanks for the support on #6. The reason I chose my 30th birthday is it happens to also be my 3rd anniversary with my boyfriend. My view is after 3 years I am no longer waiting for him to buy a ring for a finger that feels pretty bare. I won't pressure him, but I'm not waiting on him anymore either.

One of my best friends, the only roommate from my Notre Dame days that I keep up with, had a brilliant idea. If she wasn't married by age 40, she was going to throw herself a huge 40th birthday party. She wasn't going to keep a little thing like a wedding from keeping her from having a special day.