Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Oh the Anticipation

There are certain things that I look forward to every Christmas. The million and one baked goods and candies that my mom makes. Ham. It's so much better than turkey. The tv specials (Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and the Christmas episodes of Mr. Bean). The Christmas Story has been a favorite for years. My brother is the only person that I know who can recite the whole bit about the B.B. gun.

This year, it's all about the box on the coffee table. A cute little box, maybe 10 inches square and 5 inches deep. Decorative, but unwrapped. It's toying with my emotions. My boyfriend placed it there yesterday. Under the ceramic Christmas tree that I put up. In one of the rare moments moments of clear, unspoken communication, it is understood that I am not to touch this box. There be goodies inside. A friend told me today that it probably just contains a note saying that I shouldn't have looked inside.

How many days until Christmas?

No comments: