Saturday, July 31, 2004

One of My Favorites Things

I love ice cream sandwiches.

My dear friend, Becky, would caution me to rethink that statement. "Do you really love ice cream sandwiches? Isn't that a bit a strong statement."

Yes, I really do love ice cream sandwiches. Just ask my boyfriend. I will eat at least 75% of any box of them that he brings home. I get teased endlessly about it. I don't care.

There is something so perfect about the ice cream sandwich. That "cookie" that's a little on the dry side but not really as it will stick to anything. That creamy ice cream that starts melting in a nanosecond. As a kid, I was always getting ice cream sandwiches from the concession stand at the public pool and having to lick circuits around the ice cream track to keep it from dripping all over. I have since mastered eating them more quickly. This probably happened around the time that I discovered the best thing about the ice cream sandwich is the moment you sink your teeth in to bite a piece off.

Just thinking about it makes me so glad that I bought a 24 count box of them today. My boyfriend is betting he'll only get 5 of them.

No comments: