Sunday, July 25, 2004

Bad Democrat: The Week in Review

Okay, I admit it.  I didn't practice what I preached this week.  The closest I got to following the Democratic convention was the 5 minutes of NPR's Morning Edition that I listened to that featured a blurb on a pizza place across the street from the big event that was forced to close due to security for the event.  They put up a huge pro-Bush sign.  It makes me wonder, if they had been able to stay open and had made a ton of money this week, would they be pro-Kerry?  

On the whole, I've become lazy as a voter.  I don't really care about politics too much at the moment.  It disappoints me because I used to be quite passionate about the election.  If you want to see me at my prime, read this.

In other news, my neighbors moved.  WOO HOO!  No more worrying about them taking over the garage we shared.  No more worrying about them reporting our cat.  The number of children playing right outside our apartment has dropped dramatically.  And I can't be certain, but I don't think I have to worry about my detergent getting stolen from the laundry room again.

My aunt made it through her surgery with flying colors.

I will never again have my mother reminding me to send her the vanilla that I bought for her in Mexico.

And on an ominous front for the blog, I bought a new SimCity game.  Hopefully, I'll be bored with it in a week and focusing on the blog again.

Okay, and I didn't technically know about this until today, so it's not really part of last week, but Nocturnal Elucidations now has a review on the Weblog Review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure your mother, who is probably a very charming person in her own right, was grateful for the extra time you took to grant her this "one" thing. May your rewards be many. As an American you can exercise you right to vote or not vote, to share the crispy cremes or not to share the crispy cremes. ROCK ON!!!!!