Thursday, July 08, 2004

The Humbling of Misc Karen

I have always maintained a "distant" relationship with my student loans. My "career" in retail made it impossible to make payments. However, with the advent of my new job, I am now able to make payments. With my most recent deferrment set to expire this summer, I was ready, in the nick of time, to make payments.

Last week, I received a notice for payment, and yesterday, for the first time, I mailed a check.

Today, I received an overdue notice. Ouch. I got on the phone and promptly began to pace around the apartment. Nothing causes me more stress than the thought of how I will be paying forever on my student loans. Whenever I talk to them I get all rambly and anxious. I was told I missed a June payment. I indicated that I didn't know about a June payment. I was asked if I wanted to talk to a supervisor. I said yes. I was then told that I actually did have to ask for one. This guy was basically itching to palm me off on someone. Grrrrr.

I then talked to the supervisor. Turned out that I was not as up to date with my address as I thought I was. (Though they did manage to track down my Cali address.) Well, I can't exactly get cranky when it's my fault.

So tomorrow I will be firing out another check. Thank goodness it's payday.

Stupid student loans.

If you hate my student loans as much as I do, e-mail me at misckaren@gmail.com to find out how you can help.

No comments: