Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The Ride

Won't you join my roller coaster?

Last night, I learned that the b/f had finally received a job offer from the company we were thinking might make an offer. Woo hoo! The project is located approximately seven hours away. Ruh roh! This led to the discussion and decision that I have been dreading.

Do I quit another job to follow especially after only being employed a month and with my savings still depleted?

The decision was made that I would move closer to my job and he would move for his job. Long distance relationship, here we go. Plus, the drive is doable and we round-trip tickets costing app. $100, we just might make it work. I spent the rest of the evening in perma-hug and periodic crying because I know I will miss him not being a part of my daily life after living with him for over a year and a half.

Of course, I now have to find somewhere that I can afford to live, not the easiest proposition when It was going to be close living where I am now.

Then he finds out today that it isn't a job offer, yet. He has one more phone interview regarding the specific project. And for all the reasons I have for wanting him to stay with me, I really want him to get the job. He likes the company and he likes the work. How could I not want him to get the job?

On the good news, I find out my vehicle is repaired, really repaired. The bad news, it costs more than I expected (though less than elsewhere since the mechanic is a friend of my dad's). OH, and by the way, the transmission is fine but the fluid smells bad which is a sign that it will eventually give out. To replace it costs more than the vehicle is worth. Which means the vehicle that my parents let me borrow and don't make me pay the insurance for could become yard art within the next year. Not only do I have to find an apartment that I can afford, I have to consider the prospect of buying another vehicle and finding the means to pay insurance on it. I might have to suck up the higher rent to live in the city to have access to public transportation.

1 comment:

rachaelmh18 said...

Good luck with your car & your boyfriend! (not necessarily in that order) :)

I guess if this long distance thing works out well (if he definitely gets the job) then you'll know for sure that it's meant to be...?