Sunday, March 20, 2005

Because the DSL Is Up and I Promised Angry Letters

As you may recall, a few weeks ago I fired off and angry e-mail to Victoria's Secret. I had received a gift card from the b/f, but every time I went into the store (and I tried several stores), they never had what I was looking for in my size, even though I know they make those items in my size.

I expressed my angst with them via e-mail of the displeasure I had for the idea of using the gift card with the website or catalogue and having to use a portion of the card's value for shipping costs when I have a local store that should stock these items. I asked them if it was possible for me to pick up an online order at the store and avoid the shipping charges. This was their reply:

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Victoria's Secret. We regret any disappointment this matter may have caused.

Victoria's Secret Stores and Victoria's Secret Direct are sister divisions of the same parent company, Limited Brands, Inc. As such, we function as separate businesses. Unfortunately, we do not have an arrangement where you can order from the catalogue and pick your items up at a Victoria's Secret store.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this e-mail or call anytime.

Thank you for shopping with Victoria's Secret.

Sincerely,

VictoriasSecret.com


Not being satisfied with this response, I replied...

Consider this my notice that I am dissatisfied with your business practices and after I have used my gift card at a store location will no longer shop at Victoria's Secret or any of its sister divisions (I have already instructed my boyfriend to buy future gifts from a different retail chain that I would prefer to give my business.) In addition, please remove my contact information from your mailing lists as I no longer wish to receive your catalogues/promotional mailings.

Karen


I was fired up on this one. I was hopeful that they would realize I mean business and do something to satisfy the dissatisfied customer. I might be pushing 30, but apparently I am idealistic because here's their reply...

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding our catalogue.

Though we’re sorry that you do not want to be on our mailing list, we will, of course, comply with your request.

It may take up to 90 days for you to stop receiving our catalogues as they are preprinted. We appreciate your patience as this change is being implemented.

If for any reason, you receive a catalogue from us after 90 days addressed to any variation of your name or address, please contact us [I'm not given them the benefit of publishing their contact info]; or reply to this e-mail.

Thank you for contacting Victoria's Secret.

Sincerely,

VictoriasSecret.com


If I were truly "Dear Valued Client," they would have actually tried to keep my business. Apparently the threat of the loss of sales from one plus-sized woman does not phase them. I therefore encourage all my readers to boycott Victoria's Secret until VS starts carry all of its sizes in all of its store and stops making the odd sizes pay for shipping.

No comments: