Thursday, March 31, 2005

Proof

My boyfriend likes to blame my occasional crabbiness with PMS. (Tip: Don't ask a woman who is arguing passionately with you if she's "on the rag." My brother did this once, and only once.)

I am a weather nerd. I grew up in tornado alley, so I watch a lot of the Weather Channel. In fact, I go to weather.com a lot too. It's one of the fews websites I will surf at work (because I generally like to work at work.) While I was in California, weather was boring and I complained about how I missed seasons, thunderstorms, etc. Last week, I was reminded of one of the things that I didn't miss. Tree pollen. Now I am seeing cottonwoods and dogwoods in bloom. Without my Tavist-D, I'd be itching my eyes raw. Really. My eyes water and itch and I rub them so much that sometimes the tear ducts get all irritated.

Back to the weather.com. Yesterday, I was bored so I started reading up on allergies. I don't know if I didn't learn this in my crappy Catholic high school or if I simply forgot it, but pollen is apparently one of the male components of plant sex organs.

Males can irritate a woman having PMS.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow, my 24 hour Tavist-D pill didn't last 12 hours. I'm going to go and try to sleep through my allergies.