Tuesday, June 08, 2004

You Never Write

But the spammers do.

That's correct, spammers are writing me. None of my regular readers has initiated correspondence with me at the spiffy new Gmail e-mail account in my sidebar. The only place I've got this address posted is here at Misc Karen. So while none of you take the time to write, the spammers have gleaned my e-mail address and spam is making its way the Gmail filters.

We have a situation.

Since I've started getting spam on my blog account, I have considered getting my revenge on some hapless spammer. If you've ever gotten an e-mail asking for your assistance, via the use of your bank account, to get money out of Nigeria for which you will given a portion of the bounty, you need to visit the gang at Scamorama. While I generally do not recommend opening spam let alone replying, I consider their shenanigans to be small victims, especially when they get money out of scam artists. Now that I've gotten my first Nigerian scam e-mail on this account, I think now might be the time to engage in my own Scamorama style correspondence.

This is where you come in.

Take a look at Scamorama site. Admire the pranksters handiwork. Then you can make it up to me. How?

Do what they did, and send me an e-mail (or post a comment.) Tell me what you think. Should I give it a try? Is it juvenile and overrated? Recommendations for the correspondence? I may have deleted that first e-mail, but there are certainly more to follow. Maybe you want me to scrap the idea and focus on other possible blog ideas such as the National Guard, snoring, or my very own Misc Karen mission statement.

One thing's for certain, anything is better than entries about coffee.

No comments: