Friday, March 17, 2006

Misc Karen Goes to the Movies

I am cheap. This is no secret amongst those of my acquaintance. Those who know more would probably consider me more frugal, a trait born from the occasional necessity or observation of other's necessity. Those who don't know me as while would probably say that I'm just a tightwad.

One of the eventualities of my frugality is that I don't go to the movies that often. Usually, it's only if I'm convinced it's a movie whose cinematography requires a big screen. Tonight, the b/f and I went to see a movie we had both, for different reasons, been anticipating, V for Vendetta. He likes action films and comic books. I'm for politics.

I loved this movie. How much did I love this movie? I plan to go see it again this weekend. I have made it clear to the b/f that I will own this movie. I am currently using his ebay account to buy a set of the original comics because I would really like to read them now. I think he is completely stunned that I want to not only read a comic book and own it, but the 9 others that complete its run.

Why do I love this movie? This is one of those times I wish I knew more about moviemaking because I feel at a loss to explain why I like it so much. The story was interesting and well paced. The acting was amazing. I really want to know if they used different variations of the mask worn by the character V because I swear he had expressions. Hugo Weaving was that good. Natalie Portman matched him. The truth is that I want to watch it a second time to study it and take in things that I missed on a conscious level the first time.

Just remember, you know it's a good movie when a cheapskate wants to see it more than once in a theater.

No comments: