Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Change Could Do You Good

I spent the better part of last week thinking what a crappy way to spend a break from my blog. Though a week spent hobbling around and moving can still prove a refreshing break from the guilt of not blogging more regularly, plus it proves a source of material, like pondering the etiquette of passing gas on an ambulance ride.

I loved sharing my room at the er with an elderly woman. Care to guess the reason she was there? Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner, broken hip.

This was not some lonely, little old lady. She had the entire blue hair brigade at her bedside. These women could form their own medical website devoted entirely to which doctors were good or bad at this particular hospital. I half expected them to request to thunk each prospective doctor in the head like they were testing a melon for ripeness.

Then my roommate went for x-rays. The blue hair brigade remained. Any guesses on what they discussed? They were swapping their broken hip stories. I laid there, alone on my side of the room and smiled, wishing I had my own blue hair brigade.

No comments: