Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh. My. God.

The fiance and I went and picked up "the ring."

I have always stressed that I am low maintenance in the jewelry department. My mom never had an engagement ring, and my parents have been married over 35 years. Diamonds don't guarantee a happy marriage. Come on, I had to have my ears repierced last weekend.

My future husband was adamant about a nice ring for me, and when I started looking, I must admit that I found that I like the look of diamonds. So we picked a beautiful solitaire, planning a wrap to complete it as a wedding ring.

We now have our wedding bands ready for the ceremony. It was hard giving up the engagement ring, knowing that I won't wear it again until October. My claddagh ring is insufficient. When I tried on the finished work, it fit perfectly. Is it weird that the weight of band reminds me of the seriousness of the commitment?

No comments: