Friday, February 24, 2006

I have spent the better part of the day doing exactly what I've been told not to, following the news of Iraq. I can't help but think this war has been one of most ill-advised and badly managed. Then again, I'm not a military expert. I am also smarter than the average bear and I can see the mistakes.

Sadly, I now worry about getting calls from my parents now because its far too easy for them to be calling with bad news.

Bush would have never joined the Air National Guard if they had been sending them to fight wars. It's a disagrace how he treats veterans and active members of the military. All for a war that had no credibility. If anyone knows of a countdown until the next president takes office, let me know.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Not fair. You don't know what W would have done.

His dad, the first Pres. Bush, was active duty air force, flew many combat missions, and was actually shot down and rescued by a sub.

Your brother volunteered. I doubt it encourages him when undermine the war effort. I very much appreciate that there has not been a terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and I believe it is due to the efforts, and tremendous sacrifices, of people like him.

And you! And your mom! Who sacrific as well when their loved ones go to war.

I imagine he must tell you about the many wonderful things our military is accomplishing in Afghanistan and in Iraq.