Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Well, life is starting to bear some resemblance of normalcy again. Now that the criticals are taken care of, it frees my mind up to think about what happened, which is a mixed blessing. Last night, I cried myself to sleep. It was the first real cry that I've had since the fire, and once I got started, I kept going.

Needless to say, I didn't feel to rested this morning.

It's so hard to judge how I'm handling this. It's my first major trauma. I don't want to ignore my feelings, but I don't want to be self-centered either. I keep thinking back to what the Red Cross trauma counselor said, "You can't control your feelings." Guess I can't take credit or the blame for them, yet it's still another thing I have limited control of since the fire.

If the arsonist is convicted, I want to speak at the sentence hearing. I want him to hear what impact his actions had on my life. I guess I can't expect him to understand me when I can't understand why he did it.

No comments: