Friday, November 09, 2007

I Did It

I said, "I do."

I'm officially an old married lady. I informed my husband on the honeymoon that since I no longer had to worry about fitting into the wedding dress, I was going to let myself go.

It's not like I had the chance. Honeymooning in DC involves lots of walking. Lots. The kind of walking that leads one to struggle to move once you do sit down.

All in all, I am really elated.

As I told the pastor a few days before the wedding, "I was grinning like an idiot this morning while cleaning the toilet, and I hate cleaning the toilet. That's love."

Most of my co-workers are married and/or divorced and were pretty convinced that I would get nervous the day of. I didn't. Oh, there are some great photos of me walking down the aisle with my chin all wrinkled up as I tried not to cry (managed not to shed a tear.)

My reality was that the closer that it got to the wedding, the more excited I became. There were so many friends and family that I hadn't seen in years, and it just seemed like everyone who came really helped make it wonderful.

I still can't help grinning like an idiot when I think about it. I married this amazing guy. My husband. My husband. For so long, he was my b/f, then the fiance. I've gotten used to the new signature, but it amazes me to think that he's my husband.

I know that I'm still in the honeymoon glow, and that newness of the marriage will fade. But I can't help feeling excited about our lives together. I just want bottle it or capture the feeling for a moment so that when the inevitable rough times come, I can remember how excited, blessed, and lucky I feel right now.

1 comment:

Danifesto said...

Congratulations Karen! It sounds GREAT. I hope everything is sitll okay.